December 29, 2011

WHY?

The other day, I told J that in a few weeks soccer would be starting again.
"Who's going to be on my team?"
"Well," I said, "Blake and Sammy... They'll be on your team again..."
"Who's NOT going to be on my team?"
Pause. Seriously? Who's NOT going to be on your team? Um, kid. About 6 billion people won't be on your team.
"There's a lot of people that won't be on your team, Jonah."
"Tell me who."
I literally started naming random people, "President Obama, Lady Gaga, The Backyardigans, Grandpa..."
"Who else?"
Conversations like this obviously amuse me. But mostly? They concern me: They. Can. Go. On. FOREVER. There is no answer that will satiate him. EVER.

I know I'm not alone though. I know this is an epidemic/rite of passage that every parent experiences. Few people are as honest about how taxing (ie. downright pull your hair out annoying) this can be than comedian Louis C.K. He has some great bits about his daughters. This is one of my favorite ones. Enjoy.


No comments: