September 16, 2013

FALL FASHION SHOPPING AT SEARS!


I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client. #ThisisStyle #cbias

Don’t get me wrong, I love summer and I looooove the summer wardrobe options. But Fall…? Fall is … fall is romantic. Fall is fashion. Fall is an excuse to shop. (I made that one up). But honestly, every year, I flip through the “Must Have Fall Fashion” spreads in the magazines and flag virtually every page. “I muuust have that. I neeeed that. I can’t live withouuuuut that.” I usually allow myself one or two new items (fab boots are always on the list), but this year: Mama’s on a budget… ‘Cuz mama’s getting married!

Yes! I’m engaged! So exciting. But guess what? This means, it’s time to save for the big day… OR my dream honeymoon to Greece/Bora Bora/Italy/Maldives/St. Barths. (BTW, can you just IMAGINE the fabulous outfits for that trip?! Omg!)

But I digress…

There are so many fabulous looks and trends this season and I’m on a mission to rock a few without breaking the bank.  So when I was approached by Sears for this “shoppertunity,” I had to take it!  Some of the emerging trends for Fall are lace, lots of denim (of any kind! Acid washed, printed, floral, etc.), military inspired apparel, and clothing with some edge and details like studs. 

With Fall fashion fresh on my mind, aaaaand the many boards on Pinterest reminding me just how dreamy I could get with this wedding and honeymoon, I headed to my local Sears bright and early with my Venti Bold Drip in tow, to find some affordable and fabulous Fall Fashion. (For my entire experience, check  out my album on Google Plus!) 

I have to say, there were two things that I was really impressed immediately: 1) The jean selection was out of control. Neatly organized (and merchandized), there were piles and displays of every color, every size, every shape- ev.er.y.where.  It truly was a jean scene. 2) The customer service! When I saw a cute jean vest on a manequin and asked the sales woman where I could find it, she said they were out, and without missing a beat jumped up and got it down off the mannequin. Nice!

I had fun trying out a few different styles that were out of my normal fashion zone like flannel mixed with lace, or jeans with wild prints. Ultimately, I settled on a few fantastic looks that I know will carry me throughout the season.  On top of it, I got 4 completely new head to toe outfits (7 pieces of clothing) and I spent a total of $136.13 (Saved 22.04 with my Sears Rewards card, thank you very much!) Not bad right!?



Military Jacket, Kardashian Collection, $46.99 , Cream Tank with Gold Beads, Metaphor, $12.99, Skinny Jeans, Bongo, $14.99



Black Lace Tank, Bongo, $12.99, Skinny Jeans, Bongo (same as above), Bangles, $8.99 each



Two-Pocket Cream blouse, Metaphor, 19.99, Camo Skinny Denim, $19.99, Bangles, same as above



Denim “work shirt” with studs, True Freedom, $18.99, Camo Skinny Denim, Same as above.

Paired with booties, fun bags and cross body purses, I can dress all of these looks up, down and everything in between. I felt so cute and comfortable in everything and can see myself wearing these outfits to school functions, date nights, girls nights, and of course, wedding planning.

What’s on your fall fashion must-have list? I want to hear from you!

To get the latest on affordable fall fashion, follow searsStyle on Twitter and Facebook, and be sure to check my album on Google Plus to see all the photos from my shopping experience at Sears!

No comments: