November 8, 2013

WHAT IS PERFECTLY DISHEVELED ABOUT?

What post plastic perfection seeking looks like.
This past year, I've had the privilege of working with some incredible brands and partners on various campaigns. While a lot of my editorial content has been tied up in these various campaigns, this blog is still very much dedicated to telling candid stories, sharing ideas for DIY projects, fashion favorites, recipes, and more. By the end of the year, I plan to give this blog a complete face lift and makeover (if only under-eye cream worked that fast), which I'm super excited about and very much ready for.

When I speak with web designers and marketing teams, or am out and meet new people (or my family for the ninety thousandth time), I often find myself trying to come up with a log line that describes my blog in a nutshell. It's pretty easy to wrap it up in a nice presentable package from a business perspective. But the content and essence of my blog, ironically, is always more than a sentence.

It occurred to me this morning that what happened was ENTIRELY the heart of "Perfectly Disheveled:"

It was a typical rush of "get dressed, brush your teeth, where's my shoes, I can't wear dirty Lululemons to drop off again," kind of morning. After finishing packing Jonah's lunch, I "remembered" (and by remember I mean, I knew all along) how hard the school (and everyone else in the world) was trying to be "green." I "remembered" that they even give out coupons for prizes when children bring a lunch that is entirely trash free. SO, feeling completely guilty and not wanting my kid to be the "tsk, tsk, tsk"example of the day because of his lazy, rushed, asshole mom, I completely UNPACKED his lunch. I moved all items OUT of the bags and into the BPA-see-I-can-be-a-good-mom-too containers.

And then... (wait for it)... I THREW OUT the plastic bags.

Because they were dirty at that point. Duh.

Yes, folks, right there... that is what Perfectly Disheveled is about. A deliberate, unhealthy, and unbalanced pile of perfectionism that thrives on coffee, great manicures, a clean house with messy piles, and buckets of hummus for too many meals.

On that note, it's time to go make myself a smoothie that promises to make me thin, do work that will hopefully make me rich, and wash my hair that will hopefully not turn gray. Happy Friday.

1 comment:

Debi said...

Happy Friday my dear sweet friend. You are perfectly disheveled in the best possible way! XOXO