June 15, 2008

A TOY FOR T-KO

To: T-KO
From: DH
Sent: June 14, 2008 9:51pm
Subject: J-Ko's Blog
CAN'T WAIT TO READ J-KO'S BLOG ABOUT HOW SHE MESSED UP AND GAVE YOU A FATHER'S DAY GIFT THAT PLANTED YOU ON THE COUCH MESMERIZED BY ANIMATED SUPER HEROES PLAYING X BOX WHILE YOUR BABY SITS STEWING IN A DUMPY DIAPER
***

PROPHETIC.

SO yes, like a total schmuck/ sucker, I bought T-Ko an XBox 360 for father's day. And not just ANY XBox, I bought him the top of the line XBox. (Apparently sales people at Target know how to upsell). He has been talking about this "toy" for months and months AND for months and months I have ignored his pleas (and sometimes threats) about buying it. I feared that I would never get to watch TV again, that I would constantly hear the sounds of gun fire, missiles, and cursing as T-Ko stole money from hookers (yes, a lovely little function of "Grand Theft Auto").

But I ignored my better judgment and decided to surprise him with one for Father's Day. Sure. I could have gotten him a "typical" Father's Day gift... something for the BBQ, a tie, a certificate from Baby-Ko that says "Good For One Day of No Diaper Changing" or something corny like that.... But, I decided to go for the gold and make the guy happy (and think he has the coolest wife ever). I can never actually wait until the actual holiday or birthday to give him a gift, so I gave it to him last night. Needless to say, he was thrilled and within an hour, was back at the store buying more games, and calling his boys to come over and play....

As I sat watching T-Ko and his buddy trying to carjack people (really, "Grand Theft Auto" is special), my life flashed before my eyes. Okay, not really. But I did remember that scene from "Prime" (btw, GREAT under-rated movie) where Raffi tells her friend she's buying her boyfriend nintendo and the friend says, "Raffi, do you like having sex?" And I wondered if even though I've made T-Ko swear that he cannot dominate the TV all day/ night, that he can never ever play with it while Baby-Ko is up and/or in the room, and that it has to go in the credenza and not on top (he claims he will, he has to get the "right" hook up), if he really might choose the game over me.

Well, considering that I just crossed in front of the TV to get water and he nearly had a heart attack (apparently he's trying to save the world in an F16), I have a feeling that yes, he might choose the game over me.... at least while it's still new anyway. In fact, knowing him, he's going to stay up all night playing games. But when Baby-Ko's up at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning, someone's gonna wish they got a "Good For a Day of Sleeping In" certificate instead... Happy Father's Day, sweetheart. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

soo funny! You are an awesome wife and mommy.